This is an amazing opportunity to live and work at Brick Bay Farm. Come and join an exciting part of New Zealand culture in a happy and positive team environment.
Qualities we are looking for are:
- Fit & healthy
- Outgoing & friendly personality
- Prepared for anything and everything - rain, hail and shine!
- Enthusiastic with a super positive attitude
- Ready for hard, and physical work
- Social with a good sense of humour
- Able to communicate well in English
- A work permit (Working Holiday Visa) valid before you arrive.
- IRD number
- Bank account
What we offer:
At Brick Bay we like to work hard, and have fun too! Working with us you can learn new skills and experience the best of this beautiful environment.
On your days off enjoy Brick Bay, with its 80 hectares of farmland, native bush and direct beach access from the property.
Explore our Matakana region- close by we have: surf beaches, regional parks, hiking, vineyards and wineries.
All just one hour north of Auckland.
Close by are: Warkworth, a 10 minutes drive away - a town with supermarkets, banks, shops, cafes, pubs.
Snells Beach is a 5 minutes drive or 20 minutes walk; this is where the nearest shops can be found.
Matakana is a 10 minutes drive, with markets, cafes, pubs, breweries, and a boutique cinema.
Accommodation & facilities:
We have rustic farm style accommodation and shared facilities, making this particularly suitable for Backpackers.
- Comfortable rooms, both private and shared
- Hot showers
- Unlimited high speed WiFi
- Full laundry facilities
- Sunscreen & wet weather gear provided
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Tea & coffee for work breaks
- Discounts at the Brick Bay Glass House
- Transport to Warkworth for grocery shopping
- We can pick you up from the bus stop in Warkworth and take you back there when it’s time to leave.
Up to 10 people at a time can live and work at Brick Bay, with double rooms, twin rooms and a shared bunk room.
Work you could be doing:
There is a large variety of work to be done at Brick Bay; work changes with the seasons and as new projects come up
- Vineyard work
- Restaurant work
- Weeding & gardening
- Spreading mulch
- Cleaning & maintenance
- Lawn mowing & weedstrimming
- Helping with farm animals
If you have other skills, such as building, plumbing, cooking, landscaping, etc, please let us know as we may well have an interesting project for you!
If you are traveling with your partner, we may be able to offer positions for both of you with the wide variety of work we have available.
Work and pay:
We pay $15.75 per hour, and we usually work around 8 hours per day. You work for 2 hours per day voluntarily in exchange for accommodation and facilities.
Eg: You would work from 8am- 10am voluntarily (without pay) in exchange for accommodation, then from 10am- 4pm you would be paid $15.75 per hour worked.
On your two days off per week, no work is required for the accommodation and facilities in appreciation of your hard work for that week.
- Sturdy footwear
- Old clothes
- Hat/ sunglasses
- Food for the week